Outlook cannot dismiss reminders
Past Reminders keep firing with below errors every time Outlook is opened.
while dismiss them- “Cannot turn off the reminder. You may be reminded again. the end date you entered occurs before the start date”
while try to open the related item- “Cannot open the item for this reminder. The end date occurs before the start date”
PRODUCT VERSION AND SERVICE RELEASES
Service Pack 4
Exchange Version: 5.5
Exchange SP: 4
Ø Logged on to the mailbox using Outlook and found the same symptoms.
Ø Carried out the below steps to delete the items in Reminders folder.
Download MFCMAPI tool from http://support.microsoft.com/?ID=291794
1. Run MFCMAPI on the desktop
2. Go to Session->Logon and Display Store Table
3. Select your profile
4. Select Mailbox
5. Expand “Root Container”
6. Right click “Reminders” and select “Open Contents Table”
7. New Window Launches with Title Reminders
8. Select the reminder items that are being problem, Right click and select “Delete Message”
9. Close MFCMAPI
Ø Reopened Outlook and don’t find the past Reminders firing again. The issue got resolved.